We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking before guernsey trip

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
parking before guernsey trip

we are planning a 4 day trip , jull, and did not want to take the car. but having a problem finding out if it will actually be nearly as expensive to leave the car parked in Portsmouth for 4 days than actually take it with us on ferry!!

Any ideas anyone??

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
745 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking before guernsey trip

I just drove around Portsmouth until I found suitable street parking last time I did this trip!

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,907 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parking before guernsey trip

Where are you travelling to Portsmouth from ? - it may be easier to take the train.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking before guernsey trip

Hi,

£40 for 4 days in the car park at the ferry port.

Or as Ned said, drive around until you can found suitable street parking.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
401 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parking before guernsey trip

Just a thought when planning your trip Porstmouth Guernsey crossing is quite a long trip

Whilst Poole Guernsey fast ferry is only about 3 hours

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parking before guernsey trip

Thanks all,

the more I look into it , a last minute to canaries will be cheaper !!! , really fancied the longer sea crossing , actually saves a further drive( petrol!!!) to Poole/weymouth and have'nt wandered around around Portsmouth but have done the other two.

6. Re: parking before guernsey trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Portsmouth
Recent Conversations