We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near HMS Warrior

Wales
Level Contributor
21 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near HMS Warrior

Hello! We are attending a wedding on the HMS warrior in August next year :-) please could anyone recommend accommodation nearby ( nothing ridiculously expensive though ) :-s tha m you xxx

Level Contributor
3,441 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near HMS Warrior

Portsmouth is really bad for hotels.

I think your best/nearest bet is the Holiday Inn Express at Gunwharf, which is walkable from the historic ships. But it's overpriced for what it is - generally more than £100 a night. If you can get a good deal, snap it up. Modern, comfortable, good location.

There's a Premier Inn on the seafront a mile or two away. And an Ibis in the centre of town, near the university. Both reliable but a short taxi ride/drive from the dockyard.

there's a place with some dodgy reviews very near the Dockyard that has a name like the Royal Navy Club or similar that I looked at but decided against.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near HMS Warrior

I'm surprised that the hosts arent supplying a list. I would ask them. I'm organising a wedding next spring, the invite will contain detail of local hotels, we've got a deal at one of them, and thats pretty standard for other weddings I've been to.

Contact your hosts and see what they have in mind.

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,666 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near HMS Warrior

Old Portsmouth is the place to be, and the reviews of this place suggest its a no brainer : tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186298-d1…

Mike

Essex
Level Contributor
28,558 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near HMS Warrior

The HMS Warrior is inside the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.

It is not far from the entrance to the docks, being "around to the left"...

This place is the closest I have seen to the entrance to those docks.

Exterior looks OK..

No idea what it is like, though...

http://royalmaritimeclub.co.uk/hotel-rooms

Level Contributor
3,441 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near HMS Warrior

That's the place I was trying to remember the name of. Yes, that and the Holiday Inn Express at Gunwharf are very easy walking distance, even in heels, which is nice for a wedding or party.

The B&Bs of Old Portsmouth are lovely and just a bit further away.

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near HMS Warrior

I can recommend the Holiday Inn express at Gunwharf Quays too. It's so handy, plus lots of shopping and dining opportunities for the day after the wedding. Suggest you 'google' Gunwharf Quays to see what's on offer, you could make a long weekend of it!

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
483 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near HMS Warrior

Premier inn Clarence pier 15 minute walk from dockyard. Stated there last weekend and did the walk.

Holiday inn express is also good, but more pricey than premier inn and closer.

I have stayed in both hotels.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels near HMS Warrior

The George Hotel is a 2 minute walk from the Dockyard Gate...

http://thegeorgehotel.org.uk/

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186298-d1809…

9. Re: Hotels near HMS Warrior

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 06:23