We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twofold enquiry

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Twofold enquiry

Hi all, I'm moving to the Southsea area and I wanted to know if anyone can recommend a hostel in the area? South of Hilsea please!

I also wanted to know if there is any Australian bars in Pompey?

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,729 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Twofold enquiry

There doesn't seem to be any hostels listed in Pompey.

"I also wanted to know if there is any Australian bars in Pompey?"

Again, there doesn't seem to be any, what's the point the point of traveling when you want it to be like "home".

There maybe pubs that Aussies frequent but I've never heard of any.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Twofold enquiry

This place gets poor reviews

budgetplaces.com/portsmouth-hostel-21777-por…

This one appears to be the only one listed by HostelWorld and gets pretty good reviews tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186298-d6118…

You could also look at Travelodge and Premier Inn hotels which often have good prices if booked well in advance and it is worth subscribing to the sale emails.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Twofold enquiry

Hooameye, I'm not Australian but I've been living here for the past 14 years. I was born and raised in Hampshire so I'm actually coming home! I was merely curious.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Twofold enquiry

Thanks for your help, Mymsman. I expect I'll have to find a place pretty soon with those prices!

5. Re: Twofold enquiry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 06:16