We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is one day enough in Peppa Pig World?

Auckland
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is one day enough in Peppa Pig World?

We are planning to take our two kids (4y and 23m) to Peppa Pig World. Is 1 day enough? We are travelling from New Zealand and our base will be London. There will be 5 of us. With two young kids, a grandparent and the luggage we are thinking of driving there. We are deciding if we should do it as a day trip from London, or stay a night and do two days of Peppa Pig World and take advantage of their 2 days for 1 promotion. A day trip from London seems so much easier to organise but we want to make sure the kids will have enough time in Peppa Pig World. Any thoughts?

16 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
10,888 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is one day enough in Peppa Pig World?

Peppa Pig World is part of a bigger theme park which is mostly too grown up for your little ones so yes, one day should be plenty to get the most out of PPW.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is one day enough in Peppa Pig World?

A one day trip is fine from London. The nearest train station from London Waterloo is Romsey (sometimes change at Southampton) (look up family railcard savings) or national express coach from Victoria to Southampton Central, then walk up the side of Asda supermarket to get the red X7R bus (towards Salisbury) for Peppa Pig World.

If you have a car then you will also have time to look at The New Forest ponies en-route.

Edited: 16 November 2017, 09:43
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London, Windsor
Level Contributor
7,996 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is one day enough in Peppa Pig World?

Mind you, it's a lovely part of the world, so make a couple of days of it, and visit the New Forest. There are plenty of child-friendly activities as well as time to take in the pretty villages, the ponies and other animals. If you do drive, you could do a loop and include Salisbury and Stonehenge.

Or if any of you are Jane Austen fans, then include Winchester and Chawton. Plenty to do in Hampshire :-) (oh all right, and Wiltshire too)

Auckland
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is one day enough in Peppa Pig World?

Thank you all! My kids are huge fans so hopefully they will enjoy it there!

Cortes de Baza...
Level Contributor
151 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is one day enough in Peppa Pig World?

The Peppa Pig part of Paultons Park is quite small. There are lots of other rides in the park. Years ago the park catered mainly for kids under 10 but in recent years they have added a lot of rides that even the biggest thrill seekers love

Auckland
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is one day enough in Peppa Pig World?

I wonder if my 4 year old can enjoy Paulton Park? Will she be too small for most rides? I imagine my 23 month old may not have a lot of choices?

england
Level Contributor
6,592 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is one day enough in Peppa Pig World?

I havent been to Paultons for years but it was my kids favourite place when small. Admission is expensive and for that reason I might be inclined to take advantage of the 2 day offer.

When we visited there was a mix of rides and some were suitable for the very young if mum or Dad went on too.

You can put your child's height in here and see what they can go on https://paultonspark.co.uk/attractions/rides

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is one day enough in Peppa Pig World?

Thank you Casablanca for asking this question!! My baby will be 20 months in May and we are planning to go here as well.

Auckland
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is one day enough in Peppa Pig World?

You are welcome Julieta P :) Our kids love Peppa Pig! Now we've decided it's a one day trip the decision is to drive or to train. A few more questions:

1) Do I book through National Rail Enquiries?

2) Or should I book direct with South Western Railway? What is the difference?

3) Is it easy to find the bus station X7R if we train to Southampton Central?

4) Does X7R stop right outside Poultons Park?

Thanks!

souhampton
Level Contributor
128 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is one day enough in Peppa Pig World?

If you are coming from London I think it would be worth taking advantage off their short break deal in which you would have Two days in the park plus an overnight stay in a hotel near by with breakfast . I would drive as you get free parking as well .

If you book before January 14th 2018 you can get a good deal and it beats rushing around for just one day .

Head to the Paultons Park website for details .

Reply to: Is one day enough in Peppa Pig World?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Southampton