We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2017 New Year Fireworks - Southampton

1 post
2017 New Year Fireworks - Southampton

Hello

Does anyone know where the fireworks will be displayed from - sorry don't live in Hampshire and will be staying over with a friend :)

Thank you!!

4 replies to this topic
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
115 reviews
1. Re: 2017 New Year Fireworks - Southampton

I am not aware of any organised fireworks displays for New Years eve in the Southampton area though there are usually plenty of fireworks being let off.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
285 reviews
2. Re: 2017 New Year Fireworks - Southampton

Mayflower Park had a big fireworks display for Bonfire Night (Guy Fawkes) in November, but sadly there are no events organised by the Council for New Year's Eve. In fact Southampton seems to party every night except on New Year's Eve bar a few pubs. However from anywhere overlooking Mayflower Park or Ocean Village you will see fireworks from any of the boats in the harbour. Most of the people I know go to Bournemouth or Swanage for NYE fireworks.

souhampton
Level Contributor
133 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: 2017 New Year Fireworks - Southampton

You will probably need to head to London for NYE fireworks and then you can stay for the New Years Day parade .

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: 2017 New Year Fireworks - Southampton

^^^ The London Firework display is a ticket only event and is sold out. As for trying to find a hotel room for the night it's not something I would try this late, never mind the expense.

Reply to: 2017 New Year Fireworks - Southampton
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Southampton