We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub with childrens play area in garden?

southampton
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pub with childrens play area in garden?

I am looking for a nice pub with a childrens play area in garden (or if not inside) to have some lunch on sat afternoon. Would be great if around Hedge End or surrounding areas.

Can anyone help?

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pub with childrens play area in garden?

The Windmill (?) by the Tesco's roundabout just before Bursledon used to have one of those Charlie Chalk type ones. Or what about one of the 2 Pubs at Fisher's Pond? That's at the junction of the B2177 and the B3354.

southampton
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pub with childrens play area in garden?

Are the 2 you mentioned on B2177 & B3354 both called Fishers pond?

Hampshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pub with childrens play area in garden?

Hi

There are 2 pubs at fishers pond, the fishers pond pub itself and then another one which is either appletons or the queens head (it changes its name fairly regularly!). I dont remember the FP having a play area but it has been refitted recently so may have changed.

The Fox and Hounds, on the same road but back towards fair oak has an outside play area, and I'm sure the Alma Inn which is in Durley has an indoor play area.

If your in Hedge End, the Brigadier Gerard in Horton Heath has an outside garden and I'm sure there are things to play on there (food is good too!!).

Hope that helps, if you need any more details just ask!!

HH

southampton
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pub with childrens play area in garden?

That gives me loads of choice!

Thanks so much!

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pub with childrens play area in garden?

Hi

There is also a great little pub in Durley called the Farmers home. Massive outside play area and excellent food.

Winchester UK
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pub with childrens play area in garden?

the Farmers in Durley would be my first choice also.regularly bring the grand kids there with great space for run arounds and food of very high quality and keen prices on top.

7. Re: Pub with childrens play area in garden?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 00:18