We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve???? What to do in southampton??

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
784 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve???? What to do in southampton??

Hi All,

We have decided to come to Sothampton for a 4 day break for new year ...

we wondered if there were any boat tours going New yaers eve for the celebration????

If not, any ideas where we can go for new years eve???? we are 2 couples in our late 40,s!!! so not interested standing in pubs for the night!!!

longlegs

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve???? What to do in southampton??

Hi

we're mid fifties so our choice might be a bit subdued!

We live is Southampton but usually go away for New Year -- if we were staying, I'd go for one of the upmarket places such as:

www.nvsouthampton.com/menu_new_years_eve.php

http://www.dockgate4.com/new_years_eve.php

or stick Oxford Street into Google and see what you can find there - most places decent and a lively area.

As anywhere at New Year not going to be easy to get back to your hotel - so depends where you are staying for walk home!

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
784 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve???? What to do in southampton??

Thanks fro the websites, i will have a look at them and see what i can find...

we have no worries about getting back to our hotel as we are going with friends and the wife is a tea total!!!! we are soooo lucky, she always ends up being the driver......

longlegs

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve???? What to do in southampton??

I think NV in Southampton is a good recommendation. I went there for a xmas evening do last year, and enjoyed the atmosphere and the set up.

Dave

4. Re: New Years Eve???? What to do in southampton??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 11:22
Get answers to your questions about Southampton