We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Train Station to Novotel?

Which Southampton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Waimea, Hawaii
Level Contributor
93 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from Train Station to Novotel?

I've reviewed all the postings for the train station and the Novotel and don't see a precise answer to my question. I've looked at the maps - both street and satellite hybid version, and it appears that there is a main highway between the train station and the Novotel. Is there a safe crossing for walking from the station to the hotel while rolling luggage, or should we just grab a cab? It doesn't look as if any of the hotels offer shuttle services to/from the train/bus stations or the piers.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from Train Station to Novotel?

Its perfectly safe to walk.

If you come out of the main entrance of the station and turn left down the station approach road for about 50m at the main road there is a pedestrian crossing across, (I think signposted for bus station).

Turn right on the other side and then follow the main road to the Novotel/Ibis on your left.

You will be able to see the Novotel as soon as you exit the station.

Waimea, Hawaii
Level Contributor
93 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from Train Station to Novotel?

Thanks so much. This is just what I needed!

3. Re: Walking from Train Station to Novotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 19:19