We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel 1 night with car parking afterwards while we cruise

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel 1 night with car parking afterwards while we cruise

We are booked on 2 cruises out of Southampton in May and October 2009. We would like to stay in a decent local hotel the night before our cruises depart and park our car at their own vehicle accommodation for the duration of our cruise (7 and 10 days).We are not looking for the cheapest deal. Just a comfortable hotel with minimum fuss parking and we can get a taxi to and from the cruise terminal.Have googled this and the outcomes are not totally straightforward so help from locals would be appreciated. Outskirts of Southampton would be acceptable,doesn't have to be near the cruise terminal.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel 1 night with car parking afterwards while we cruise

Heres one you could ring hilton.co.uk/marketing/…

hampshire
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel 1 night with car parking afterwards while we cruise

The Elizabeth House Hotel offers cruise car parking on the site of the hotel. A taxi is only ten minute ride from there. There website is www.elizabethhousehotel.com.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel 1 night with car parking afterwards while we cruise

thanks keh.elizabeth house looks to be just what i was wanting.will be going for it for may cruise and if it is ok then will book for october.thanx again.

southampton
Level Contributor
99 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel 1 night with car parking afterwards while we cruise

Not sure if its too late and you've booked the Elizabeth House? I wouldnt recommend this hotel if price is not your main criteria.

The hotel is situated on the Avenue (right on the Avenue). This is the busiest road into Southampton!! (So it will be easily accessible for you)and its not in the best area. You are not particuarly close to any restuarants or anything to do in the evening and the surrounding areas are the 'student' areas of town.

If you havent booked I would look at the Hilton, which is situated just off the motorway as you join The Avenue. Its a nice hotel with nice rooms and you can guarantee your car will be safe and secure there. Its a little way out of Southampton, about 5-10 mins depending on traffic (probably take at least 15 mins to the docks). In the evening if you decide to go out for a meal/ drinks I recommend The Chilworth Arms which is five mins drive away - the check in staff will give you directions (just come out of the hotel, go back round on yourself at the roundabout and take the left after the garage (Sign posted North Baddeseley) and you will come to the pub after a few miles.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel 1 night with car parking afterwards while we cruise

Cazz. You must be psychic. No it's not too late to contribute. I have not booked yet. I am waiting for Hilton to reply to a recent enquiry from me about how much they charge for the parking while we are on the cruise.I expect the parking to cost more than the overnight stay.But security for the car is paramount as I consider it would be a vandal magnet. Price is definitely not important for the one night's accommodation preceding each cruise.£50 per night difference is insignificant when the cruises cost £000s.As well as asking Hilton I also asked the posh hotel overlooking Mayflower Terminal to quote but no reply from them as yet.

On Christmas Eve my travel agent asked me to make a decision about car parking at the cruise terminal. I had already decided to go with an overnight hotel+parking as driving down from Wirral on the day of departure would be too much necessitating a very early start-I am too old for such. Elizabeth House looked OK and it is relatively highly rated on TA but not all reviews are unanimously praiseworthy.That is why I e-mailed Hilton. I know The Avenue and I know what you mean.

(Stayed in The Polygon once many years ago-unimpressed).

6. Re: Hotel 1 night with car parking afterwards while we cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2009, 16:03
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel 1 night with car parking afterwards while we cruise

cazz. Thanks for the tip off about Hilton. I have just made the booking for night before each cruise.

1 nights B&B,car parking for duration of cruise,transfers to and from Mayflower Terminal.Ideal for us.I am pleased as I had heard some offputting tales about the car parking at the port.

8. Re: Hotel 1 night with car parking afterwards while we cruise

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel 1 night with car parking afterwards while we cruise

Yes BLUESEA. We will be travelling down from Wirral to Southampton on the Friday for the first cruise departing on the Saturday of the May Bank Holiday weekend. We could in theory have driven down on the Saturday (5.5 hours with stop) but we don't like getting up too early (at our age upsets us for the rest of the day)and the thought of being stuck on M40/M27 in holiday traffic while the minutes tick away is too much to contemplate. I am comfortable with our decision.I am so glad I posted our predicament on TA.As you can see I am more into answering TA questions than posting them but I am happy this has worked for me.

When I take into account how much it would cost to park at the port I am very happy with Hilton package price. I can afford it fortunately.

We may not eat evening meal in Hilton and may well try the recommended Chilworth instead.

10. Re: Hotel 1 night with car parking afterwards while we cruise