We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private car svc from LONDON Heathrow to SOUTHAMPTON Pier

Which Southampton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
private car svc from LONDON Heathrow to SOUTHAMPTON Pier

Hi

We arrive Aug.16 in HEATHROW and need a private car service to take us to SOUTHAMPTON to a hotel for a cruise the following day.

Plus we need CRUISE TERMINAL pick up on Aug.31 to go back to London

CAN someone recommend a reliable and reasonable private car service?

THANKS !!

Andy

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,134 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: private car svc from LONDON Heathrow to SOUTHAMPTON Pier

Bump.

Also try posting on Southampton Forum (this question gets asked there all the time) and on Cruise Critic.

www.cruisecritic.co.uk

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: private car svc from LONDON Heathrow to SOUTHAMPTON Pier

Londontoolkit has lots of information

londontoolkit.com/travel/southampton_london_…

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,486 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: private car svc from LONDON Heathrow to SOUTHAMPTON Pier

If you look at this particular forum (ie the Southampton one) you will find a significant number of them cover how to get to & from Southampton for cruises

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: private car svc from LONDON Heathrow to SOUTHAMPTON Pier

English rose collection are a private hire taxi firm which mainly take people to and from London/ All major Airports from Southampton on a daily basis.

http://www.englishrosecollection.co.uk/

San Diego...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: private car svc from LONDON Heathrow to SOUTHAMPTON Pier

We did a reverse trip - from Southampton cruise terminal to Heathrow airport. We just got back from a cruise that ended in Southampton and needed transportation to Heathrow airport to catch a plane back to the states. I called British-AirportTransfers.co.uk which is a company I used last year when we needed private car service to Tilbury cruise terminal. After researching numerous private car services last year I emailed: support@british-airporttransfers.co.uk and had a quick response back from them with answers to all my questions so I, again, emailed them for a price for 4 persons,etc. to go from Southampton to Heathrow and they, again, had a great price. The driver had a sign with him (when he arrived at Southampton cruise terminal) with our names and was prompt like the last time. I asked a taxi that was standing for a potential client and he would have charged us almost 40 pounds more than what our private car was costing us - split between 2 couples. We were going to go by coach until one of the couples we met on the cruise asked us if we wanted to share a car to the airport since we were flying back around the same time. Worked great again! I would definitely recommend British Airport Transfers and hope to use them again soon.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 00:07
6. Re: private car svc from LONDON Heathrow to SOUTHAMPTON Pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 15:34
Edited: 25 June 2013, 15:34
7. Re: private car svc from LONDON Heathrow to SOUTHAMPTON Pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 15:34
st louis
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: private car svc from LONDON Heathrow to SOUTHAMPTON Pier

My husband and I just used Richard Wray at Lionheart Travel. You can find him at lionhearttravel.co.uk. It was about $145 from Heathrow to our hotel outside of Southampont. He drives a Jaguar, is very reliable and a safe driver. He is also a great tour guide. He is a history buff and can fill you in on the history of Southampton. We were there to leave on a cruise but used him for touring also. He took my husband to the Bovington tank museum. When he took us to the ship, he gave us a tour of the city. We liked Southampton so much we would like to go back for a visit.

He is very reliable. If he says he will be there, he will be there.

Dolton, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: private car svc from LONDON Heathrow to SOUTHAMPTON Pier

My family and I traveled to Southampton, United Kingdom for a cruise. We came in a day before the cruise and wanted to see a little of Southampton. We knew nothing about where to go or what to see. I spent many days trying to figure out what to see. We had 3 hours before we could check into our hotel. We did not want to go to the hotel and sit around until check in time. I figure it would be idea if I could have find someone to pick us up and take us around on 3 hour tour and then take us to the hotel. I searched and searched but no one was able to do all this at a reasonable price until I find RICHARD WRAY OF LIONHEART TRAVEL. Richard and I emailed many times, he answered all my many questions until I was pleased. Richard sent me a very nice professional man name Steve that was very knowledgeable about the area. We traveled all around Southampton and he even took us to a nice place to eat. Steve was very patient and just wanted us to be pleased, he stopped where we requested and even a grocery store. We used Lionheart travel.co,uk for all our travel needs including the pickup from the hotel to the cruise pier and the pickup back to the airport. If traveling to Southhampton, United kingdom and need transportation at a affordable price and want someone nice and friendly and know their way around this is the company for you; just contact Richard Wray at Lionhearttravel you will be happy you did!!

Edited: 19 October 2013, 04:20
Missouri
Level Contributor
182 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: private car svc from LONDON Heathrow to SOUTHAMPTON Pier

LINKS PRIVATE HIRE email: info@links-privatehire.co.uk website: http://www.Links-PrivateHire.co.uk

Excellent service, Geoff and his staff are accommodating, reliable, adaptable, and very reasonable. My family and I have used this service several times from Heathrow to Southampton Hotel, Hotel in Central London to Southampton, Southampton Pier to Heathrow. We have never had a problem and highly recommend Links Private Hire to everyone.