We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Breakfast West quay road

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Business Breakfast West quay road

I am located West quay road . Is there a good spot with nice breakfast near here where I can have a bite and chat with colleagues. Good coffee, decent bangers a must and no need for eggs benedict : ) My hotel food nonsense. Just like a place where normal people go. Saucers not essential! Was thinking of Cafe Espresso in Nelson Gate????

Thanks

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business Breakfast West quay road

There is a Fankie & Benny's in Leisure World with £5 Breakfasts open from 9am or you could go into IKEA for a 9 item breakfast for £2.15 (with IKEA family card) from 9:30. There are a number of cafes within the West Quay shopping centre including John Lewis restaurant

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business Breakfast West quay road

Hey

Thanks for your suggestions mymsman but I think I need an earler start than these two unfortunately.No rest for the wicked!!

Thanks

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business Breakfast West quay road

Try one of the weatherspoon pubs on the high street, closest to West Quay is the standing order and they open at 7am for breakfast with a good choice and cheap too.

jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-standing-o…

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business Breakfast West quay road

Thanks for your reply. I am unfortunately very near TGI Fridays which worries me as its a bit of a cultural blackspot. The Standing Order has diabolical reviews on TA so I would say their standards have dropped. I would like a nice cafe not too far from the hotel.

I seem to be in an industrial zone however!!

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,783 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business Breakfast West quay road

Almost opposite the Standing Order is a little cafe called High Street Cafe. I've never had breakfast there but lunch is good. There is a new place called Oceans cafe which is on the same side of the High Street as the Standing Order (opposite HSBC). Never been in but it might be what you're looking for. Sounds like you are staying in the retail park (etap?) so if IKEA and TGIs will not do, you will have to walk.

You could also try the cafe at ASDA.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Business Breakfast West quay road

There is always the egg McMuffin at McDonalds :¬)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Business Breakfast West quay road

Yes of course. First impressions count : )

8. Re: Business Breakfast West quay road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Southampton