We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timetables for Stagecoach bus?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Timetables for Stagecoach bus?

I may be attending a conference in June at the Holiday Inn on "Telegraph Way, Morn Hill". I visited Winchester in 2012 and had a very nice time so was a bit disappointed to learn that this hotel is actually outside Winchester. From my previous visit, I know about the Stagecoach bus but I am having trouble searching the timetables. What route should I be searching for? How much for a taxi? The hotel has a shuttle, but only for a few hours at night.

Also, the conference organizers (in US) are telling participants arriving at Heathrow to go to London and take a train to Winchester. I believe that it would be better to take a National Express Coach from Heathrow but don't want to give out bad advice!

Thank you for any help.

Mentioned in this post
Holiday Inn Winchester
Holiday Inn Winchester
1,057 Reviews
Winchester, UK
Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Timetables for Stagecoach bus?

Here's a link to the Stagecoach bus map for Winchester.

myjourneyhampshire.com/sites/…20Guide.pdf

It doesn't list every individual stop, unfortunately. But it does show how the routes radiate from the centre. The routes passing the railway station are those that go past the red circle with white arrows heading in opposite directions (the National Rail logo). I'm old enough to remember the rather better bus services provided in the 1960s by the King Alfred, Aldershot & District and Hants & Dorset/Wilts&Dorset companies but too old, it seems, to avoid making duplicate postings on Trip Advisor. Mea culpa!

12. Re: Timetables for Stagecoach bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 15:16