We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local place to stay

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
31,765 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Local place to stay

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Herts or Bucks that doesn't cost to much please?

Have been looking to go around the Tring/Ivinghoe area for quite a while but it all seems very pricey (including the place I used to stay) and I end up abroad for the same price. £350-500pw.

Will need bed breakfast and dinner or self catering.

The family come from Marsworth and I want to spend the days out walking the canal and hills like I used to.

It's a lot cheaper in my part of the world.

Mentioned in this post
Tring
Tring
Hertfordshire, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
512 Reviews
from US$118.60*
Likely To Sell Out
London Harry Potter Tour of Warner...
674 Reviews
from US$118.60*
Special Offer
Making of Harry Potter Warner Bros...
129 Reviews
from US$178.80*
US$198.70
Likely To Sell Out
Oxford and Harry Potter Warner Bros...
50 Reviews
from US$141.50*
Essex
Level Contributor
29,992 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local place to stay

They may not be too centrally positioned, but I'm sure you could find a traveldodge in that area, and possibly duiring their current £9 a night sale - have you tried that??

Personally speaking, Herts/Bucks are so much within striking distance of home, that I generally don't tend to need to stay there, but do day trips, so I can't recommend anywhere myself. The travelodge idea was just a passing thought, but maybe it will help you a bit??

England, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
31,765 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local place to stay

Thanks Essexwanderer

I'll have a look - never heard of the £9 sale.

I'm out of touch with the area and the big chains tend to charge double for single visitors so don't spring to mind. But who knows.

england
Level Contributor
324 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local place to stay

Take a look at letsunlimited, they have a number of self catering properties in the area, some are about £250 a week .

Berkhamsted
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local place to stay

There is a great new place to eat in Berkhamsted see charming short film - Raymond Blanc opens in Berkhamsted on April 2 2012 deetv.tv/#welcome-raymond-blanc-to-berkhamst…

Mentioned in this post
Berkhamsted
Berkhamsted
Hertfordshire, UK
England, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
31,765 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local place to stay

Thanks for reviving the thred CWP. Bit of a trek for supper ( not to mention budget!) to Berkhamsted. Well, well, RB in my old home town......

Mentioned in this post
Berkhamsted
Berkhamsted
Hertfordshire, UK
london
Level Contributor
423 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Local place to stay

there is a travel lodge at bourne end between hemel and berko which will be cheap

Broadland
Level Contributor
541 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Local place to stay

Had a quite delightful stay at West Lodge Aston Clinton if it's not too far out of your way. Once part of the Rothschild Estate. We liked it so much we've booked for a return visit later in the year.

http://www.westlodge.co.uk/

8. Re: Local place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 18:17