We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Distance

Hi my husband and i are staying for a week in august in corner house hotel sandown and were wonderin how far apart were sandown n shanklin.Could it be walked is there a senic route or are you talking buses. Does anyone no someone who has stayed at corner house? thanks

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,922 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance

You could put their postcodes into google maps and it will give you the distance and directions (and various maps).

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance

Can't help you about your hotel, but I've walked the coastal path Sandown to Shanklin many times - no idea of distance, but it was a pleasant afternoon stroll! 2-3 miles at a guess?

If you go via an inland route it won't be as flat! LOL!

The Island is great for walking - treat yourself to a decent up-to-date OS map and get out & about.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,457 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance

When the tide is out, you can walk along the beach. Sometimes I walk along in the water, or even swim. Given that it is within swimming distance, it can't be that far. 2-3 miles max. If you walk along the path you go past all the beach huts.

UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance

Walk from Sandown to Shanklin along the cliff path

lovely views and there are cafe's to stop and

have a coffee in on the way, you can get to Shanklin

front this way but if you carry on you will come out

in the Old Village at Shanklin

John

5. Re: Distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Wight
Recent Conversations