We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport on the isle of wight.

Lismore
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
public transport on the isle of wight.

Thinking about going to the isle of wight and wondered if it would be easy to see most of the sights just by using public transport,possibly over two days.I'd be going in early October Thanks

Peter

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,794 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transport on the isle of wight.

Haven't been over to the Island for a while but I've had no trouble getting around to places I wanted to go to using the buses:

http://www.islandbuses.info/

Lismore
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public transport on the isle of wight.

Thanks for the advice

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public transport on the isle of wight.

To make the most of the bus route options, I would suggest you stay in Ryde, Sandown, or Newport.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public transport on the isle of wight.

I'd agree, don't forget there is also the railway available, but there are also good value day and weekly tickets available.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: public transport on the isle of wight.

I would only use the train on arrival and departure. The stations are not really in the best locations for tourists use.- compared with the bus routes.

6. Re: public transport on the isle of wight.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Wight
Recent Conversations