We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly pubs

UK
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Dog friendly pubs

Apologies if this question appears twice - I cannot find my original post.

I just wondered if anyone out there knows of any dog-friendly pubs. I know there are a few on the island but the problem I have is we won't have any transport. We will be limited to the railway route (and I'm aware that there is a significant walk from Sandown/Shankln stations to resorts centres). So appreciate we're probably going to be limited to Ryde only.

Thanks in advance.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly pubs

Why just rely on the train? The island has a very good bus service but imo a very limited and limiting train service. Dogs are allowed on IW Buses and good value passes can be purchased. see www.islandbuses.info/

Someone on another group I belong to asked the same question about dog friendly pubs on the island and I reckon every pub I know of was mentioned!

If you do decide to use the buses then a trip towards Brading on the number 2 or 3 and the Yarbridge Inn should prove a good stop for lunch, dinner or just a drink. A little further down the road the 3 pubs in Brading village centre all accept dogs.

From Shanklin there are buses to Ventnor ,Godshill and Newport, I'm sure you'll find most if not all "dog friendly"

Edited: 14 April 2013, 17:43
UK
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog friendly pubs

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. xx

I think we were thinking of sticking to the train mostly it's for convenience. We are going to be a group of 7 or 8 of us (plus the hound) and we are going to the Havenstreet Railway Beer Festival. The idea is to go for a meal after. So we are looking for somewhere that's easy to get to from there (has to be easy after all that beer!) that will be happy for the dog to join us.

I won't rule buses out. Just has to be easy from Havenstreet.

(As an aside, intrigued by your profile picture. Are you some sort of band? Tempted to say David Bowie?)

Thanks again.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog friendly pubs

If it has to be Ryde, I recommend the Black Sheep Bar http://www.theblacksheepbar.co.uk/ You'd need to contact them re dogs. They serve restaurant standard food and you'd need to book. A lttle further up Union street is Fowlers - a Wetherspoons pub.

As for my avatar; I have been a David Bowie fan for many many years, and this just happens to be my favourite pic.

Edited: 14 April 2013, 18:51
4. Re: Dog friendly pubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Wight