We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isles of Scilly - is it busy in July?

England
Level Contributor
300 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Isles of Scilly - is it busy in July?

Hi

It's my husband's 50th the week before the school's break up in mid July and I'm thinking of planning a surprise trip to the Isles of Scilly, somewhere we've been saying we want to visit for years!

We visit Cornwall a couple of times a year, but generally avoid the main season as it's too busy for us - we prefer April/May time and September/October or event November/December.

What are the Isles of Scilly like in July? Are any of the islands more quiet than another perhaps? I imagine that it's all probably very busy, but maybe I'm wrong.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Many thanks.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isles of Scilly - is it busy in July?

There is a limit to the number of people who can be accommodated on the islands so it is not like Newquay in July. The school holidays are busier but the accommodation will be fully booked for then anyway. We visit in the second week in July. You don't have to walk very far to get to more peaceful areas. The off islands are quieter than St Mary's but you will be lucky to find accommodation there now because regular visitors book from year to year in advance. It may be difficult to find accommodation on St Mary's as well but it may be possible to book into one of the hotels. Try the Tourist Information Office website simplyscilly or scillyonline as both hold vacancy information.

England
Level Contributor
300 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isles of Scilly - is it busy in July?

Hi, and thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I'll check out the sites you've mentioned.

3. Re: Isles of Scilly - is it busy in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Isles of Scilly