We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lapland UK Shills

london
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Lapland UK Shills

Brand new users, absurdly glowing reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g674287-Lamberhurst_…

Shills for Lapland UK?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lapland UK Shills

There's an article about it in todays Daily Mail. Hilarious. Apparently the elves have been fighting with irate customers who paid 25 pounds to get in to what is known locally as "Crapland". The local Trading Standards officer has recieved an "unprecedented" 1,300 complaints. I think you can assume that the reviews are bogus!

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
749 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lapland UK Shills

No its not the same place.

As the news paper states

it was "Lapland Newforest" not Lapland UK as the first poster is on about.

"I think you can assume that the reviews are bogus! "

You might want to make sure you have the correct info before posting .

london
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lapland UK Shills

>>"I think you can assume that the reviews are bogus! "

>You might want to make sure you have the correct info before posting .

While the previous user HAS got the wrong Lapland, the number of glowing reviews has now doubled to four, all four of which are by brand new users.

Lapland UK have shill posted to quite a few sites on the internet in the past, so these are inherently suspicious.

These posts look very dodgy.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lapland UK Shills

I suppose they felt the need to push themselves on sites such as TA in view of the poor reviews of the Portsmouth one.

gravesend
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lapland UK Shills

I went to lapland uk last year and returned again this year. I have to say I wouldn't be surprised if the reviews are real. the place was nice last year, but is far better organised this year. My 3 year old loved every minute and has asked to go back at least 5 times today.

The setting wasn't so nice this year, but the lack of forest seems to mean that the closures due to high wind are a thing of the past.

To be honest, I feel a bit defensive of the place. Everyone there was so sweet and nice, and I think that there is some confusion between them and the new forest fiasco. Not only has lapland new forest ripped off their idea, but people are confusing the 2.

selby
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lapland UK Shills

I'm going to Lapland Uk tomorrow, will my review be seen as suspicious as I am a new user???

If you search the web you will find LOTS of bad reviews for Lapland UK 2007 but I am yet to find one bad one for this year, which seeing as I have forked out to £225 to go, I'm pretty pleased about.

I will be leaving my review after my trip tomorrow, you can make your own mind up whether it's 'fake' or not!

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lapland UK Shills

That's a long way to go for a day out. The real Lapland is probably nearer to Yorkshire ;-)

selby
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lapland UK Shills

You're not kidding! 5.5 hours to get here (in a hotel tonight) with 2 very young children wasn't my idea of fun lol. It had better be all it's cracked up to be tomorrow!

selby
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lapland UK Shills

well I went....and it was BRILLIANT!!! So keep an eye out for my 'fake' review complete with 'fake' photos of my lad in the 'fake' snow :-)

10. Re: Lapland UK Shills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 03:19