We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brogdale Cherry Festival and Kent County Show???

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Brogdale Cherry Festival and Kent County Show???

Hi. We shall be driving around Kent and E. Sussex.

I have googled these events. Are they recommended for foreign tourists like us? How child friendly are they? If we decide to go, which one is better?

We have 2 girls ( 4.5 and 9.5 year old).

Thank you.

Yuri

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brogdale Cherry Festival and Kent County Show???

I don't think Brogdale is an all day visit, ok for a couple of hours. I don't remember seeing any dedicated child activities but is reasonably child friendly if they are be interested in seeing and maybe tasting the different fruits plus you can take a ride around the orchards on a trailer pulled by a tractor to see the different types of apples and other fruit they are developing.

I haven't been to the Kent County Show for many years so it may have changed but I do remember there was lots to see and we really enjoyed it, probably a full day out. Lovely on a nice day but can get very muddy if it has been raining.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,725 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brogdale Cherry Festival and Kent County Show???

The County Show is a huge event with lots to do and see, and would take up a full day. The website gives details of what's on this year .... www.kentshowground.co.uk

Fortunately the weather has been dry so ( fingers crossed!) no need to bring wellies this year. It is a good family day out, no need to bring a picnic as there are loads of food stalls. In past years, on the last day of the show, many of the floral displays and plants were sold off cheaply so the exhibitors didn't have to pack them up.

A word of warning though, the traffic entering and leaving the site at Detling can build up substantially so it's worth leaving before the closing times. In the past parking has been free, not to sure if it still is, so probably best to check the website for ticket pricing.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brogdale Cherry Festival and Kent County Show???

I've not been to the Cherry Festival but it's one of Brogdale's main events of the year.

If you've not already found it, the festival's website has a page on the children's activities on offer:

cherryfestivalkent.co.uk/p/blog-page_17.html

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brogdale Cherry Festival and Kent County Show???

Thank you all!

Our flight to London is tomorrow and I am getting a car on Saturday morning (for 9 days).

We have a list of 14!!! places we want to see in Kent and few more in E. Sussex. Nevertheless, if anyone has any idea about some child friendly activity in the area, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Yuri

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Brogdale Cherry Festival and Kent County Show???

Hope you have a great holiday, looks like the weather will remain good during your stay.

Florida City...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Brogdale Cherry Festival and Kent County Show???

There is a lott to do with kids in Kent area, checkout this link:

www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk/search.php…

Hope this helps.

7. Re: Brogdale Cherry Festival and Kent County Show???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 05:16