We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get without car to blue waters mall?

gibraltar
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Topic
how to get without car to blue waters mall?

Hi

was wondering how to get to blue waters mall without a car when staying in Canterbury?

Also would it be better to stay for the weekend in a city near blue waters, if so which one?

thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
687 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get without car to blue waters mall?

There's a coach service run by national express (www.nationalexpress.com) that goes between the two - it's fairly infrequent - leaving 9.35 and 11.45 in the morning and returning 15.30 and 17.30 in the evening, but timings would allow you to make it a day trip - journey just over 1hr each way. On Satudays it is more frequent and on Sundays the timings are different.

By train takes about 1h30 - more frequent, but you will have to change at Gillingham and then for a short bus journey from Greenhithe station to the centre, a ticket including bus and train can be purchased.

Personally I wouldn't stay nearer just to visit Bluewater. If you wanted somewhere with merit of its own as well, then the small cathedral town of Rochester and Greenwich in South East London are on the direct train route, although not an awful lot closer than Canterbury.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
158 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get without car to blue waters mall?

Bluewater Shopping Centre is quite a way from Canterbury itself, the train journey alone will take about an hour and a half. The easiest route is to get the Train from Canterbury East to Gilligham which takes about 40mins. At Gillingham change for a train to Greenhithe which is the nearest station to Bluewater, and will take around 30mins. At Greenhithe there are shuttle buses from the station to Bluewater.

As for staying near Bluewater, it might be wise, and you definately can't see both Canterbury and visit Bluewater in one day!

If you are coming just for Bluewater, then yes, stay somewhere nearer, e.g. Rochester or Dartford or even in London (Trains from London Charing Cross take 50minutes to Greenhithe).

Be aware the shops in Bluewater are no different (with some minor exceptions) to any that are found on the highstreets in London (esepcially Oxford street) and Caterbury.

gibraltar
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get without car to blue waters mall?

Thanks both for your advise will decide when i get there on what kind of transport. Only thought on going to bluewater as someone coming to this trip with me has'nt been to the mentioned mall.

thanks once again

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,811 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get without car to blue waters mall?

I've only been to Bluewater once. I don't think it is worth a special trip. When I lived in Kent the best shopping mall was in Calais, France and we were all regular visitors!

5. Re: how to get without car to blue waters mall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 08:21