We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbury to Cantebury - Train?

Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
82 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Newbury to Cantebury - Train?

What would be your suggestion to get from Newbury to Cantebury? I was thinking train, but can't tell how many changes there are (are there any where we don't have to change trains?). If we drove how bad would it be through London (3 adults from the US with luggage in August).

Likely To Sell Out
Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral...
730 Reviews
from US$135.40*
Kent, Canterbury, Dover, and...
96 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Canterbury, Greenwich, Leeds Castle...
354 Reviews
from US$127.00*
US$141.10
Likely To Sell Out
Day-Trip to Canterbury and Dover from...
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,388 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Newbury to Cantebury - Train?

<<dzug1 - a "laundry mat" is a business that has coin operated washing machines & dryers. They are pretty common in the US. >>

I've only heard them referred to as laundromats (in the US) or launderettes (here). The laundry mat spelling is a new one on me

12. Re: Newbury to Cantebury - Train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 05:16