We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hope no one is caught in the delays, operation stack due to

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Hope no one is caught in the delays, operation stack due to

stormy seas.

Seems operation stack is in place today on the M20 near the turn off for stop24 services meaning queues/delays around that area.

A bit late in the day I know, but popped to Folkestone and thought ah ok when I saw it. Hopefully nobody on here got caught up in the chaos caused by stormy seas.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hope no one is caught in the delays, operation stack due to

Sorry between junction 11 and 12..

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,737 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hope no one is caught in the delays, operation stack due to

Thanks for the update Tarry.

Unfortunately there is no news on the Highway Agency website about the M2 either, so anyone making their way towards Dover tomorrow may need to check with BBC Kent for an update.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hope no one is caught in the delays, operation stack due to

Or even the Port of Dover website has updates: http://www.doverport.co.uk/ or even direct with operator.

I forgot to check that on the 7 December and run into hold ups and the aforementioned junctions been closed. I think it was a side affect from operation stack as 2 days before I sailed and the day before was bad winds/gales so it got closed for a bit, and with ferries been cancelled/harbour bound/stuck out to sea and whatnot, the traffic/lorries build up. Good job for Stop24 services although many units closed.

Oh yes, the pothole opening on the M2, bit of travel problems lately hasn't that. A bit of nuisance as it's half term now as people planning on getting away etc.

Edited: 16 February 2014, 20:09
4. Re: Hope no one is caught in the delays, operation stack due to

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 06:17