We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel availablity

Which Dover hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Victoria...
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel availablity

We are going to England in June for 3 weeks. For a few days we will be traveling along the south coast stay ing at Dover, Brighton and Portsmouth. We want to be flexible and don't want to book ahead. My question is: Can we walk in off the street and book a hotel for the night in the places I have mentioned?

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,231 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel availablity

For mid week in Dover in June, you'd probably be OK. Not too sure about week ends though. It might be worthwhile checking the booking sites for the hotel chains a few days ahead of your trip.

Can't really comment about Brighton which is a very popular conference and tourist destination.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel availablity

Brighton is a very popular destination and it would be wise to call ahead or make a reservation on line. The last thing you want to be doing is trying to navigate your way around the city's one way street system looking for an hotel with space.

Same goes for Eastbourne if you plan to stop there.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel availablity

What about trying to book the night before? That is what I would be, you are still fairly flexible, but you would feel a tadge safer.

4. Re: Hotel availablity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 06:17