We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Hovercraft travel Paris to London

Which Dover hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Ferry Hovercraft travel Paris to London

Looking to travel from Paris to London May 2014 and starting to plan it all now . My partner is uneasy about going under the sea lol ...Can anyone advise alternative modes of transport without hiring a car .

Thanking in advance ,

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,270 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ferry Hovercraft travel Paris to London

That's a shame - kassablue's partner might feel at home with sharks....I understand that they have a lot in Sydney.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
45,917 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ferry Hovercraft travel Paris to London

When the tunnel was being constructed, I do recall someone asking what would happen if a submarine hit it. They couldn't understand why the response was laughter.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ferry Hovercraft travel Paris to London

We all have situations that we are not comfy with though.

I hope the OP finds something that suits them.

I work with someone who was telling me about the Channel tunnel, was interesting listening.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,204 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ferry Hovercraft travel Paris to London

Went through the tunnel 2 weeks ago, didn't even notice it until we came out into daylight in the UK.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ferry Hovercraft travel Paris to London

The Queen went on Eurostar today. It can't be that bad.

Dover, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Ferry Hovercraft travel Paris to London

You're more likely to be involved in an accident on the road than an incident in the tunnel. I've been through it countless times and it's more boring than scary. It's a door to door, hassle free service. If you are unfortunate enough to encounter any problems there are actually 3 tunnels so you can evacuate quite easily.

17. Re: Ferry Hovercraft travel Paris to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 06:16