We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oostende-Ramsgate

Which Ramsgate hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Oostende-Ramsgate

Hi

Starting to browse around for this summers travel.

I was planning to go by train down from Sweden towards Bruges and Oostende and then over to England on the Ramsgate ferry.

Now i see they dont allow foot passengers... What?!

There´s got to be a way around that rule, team up with people in a car? Or do you know any other scam?

13 replies to this topic
Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Oostende-Ramsgate

Ah yes, I heard something about that. How novel I suppose, but at least they got home.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,465 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Oostende-Ramsgate

The ferry to England from Bruges' own port Zeebrugge takes foot passengers.

But you will have to pay for an overnight cabin and it goes to Hull, so unless you are wanting to visit northern Britain it won't be much use. Although train from Hull to London is faster than from Bruges to Calais Ville.

13. Re: Oostende-Ramsgate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 May 2013, 16:35

Reply to: Oostende-Ramsgate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ramsgate
More Ramsgate Topics