We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in December!

Which Kingston-upon-Hull hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in December!

Hi I'm really planning ahead here! I'm coming up to Hull in December for a soul do. I'd like some advice on the best hotel (at a reasonable price) in the city centre near Hull Railway Station. Happy enough with a chain hotel so any recommendations please.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in December!

Hi shuggie61.

The Ibis is only 100/150 yards from the station, and the new Express by Holiday Inn is lest then 100 yards.

If you want any more infor, just ask.

ian480.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in December!

Shuggie, I'd stick with the Holiday Inn's or Premier Inn, 3 of them in the town centre, much better than the Ibis...though the Ibis is cheap!!

Jerry...

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in December!

The Holiday inn is about about 400 yards away and not very cheap. The new Premier inn in my mind is not in the city centre and is about just under a mile from the station. You could also try the Portland hotel which is 200 yards from the station.

It's funny that both of us have not mentioned the Royal Station Hotel which is at the station.

ian480.

Edited: 26 March 2010, 22:21
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in December!

For the sake of a £2.50 taxi ride, I'd probably go for the new Premier Inn or splash out on the Holiday Inn!! I've never liked the 'Station Hotel' !!

Jerry...

Birmingham
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in December!

Thank you Ian and Jerry. After a bit of mooching around t'internet I stumbled upon the Whittington and Cat - pub/ hotel - which had a fairly unbelievable 98% satisfaction rate on Trip Advisor. Having read glowing review after g.r. I've decide to take a punt on it. People were very positive about the beds, decor, lack of noise - after all, they're selling accom above a pub - and the Guinness. The only drawbacks are no check-ins after 9pm cos the pub closes at 9-30pm and no cooked brakfast. I'll be there before 8pm and I can always find a cafe for breakfast! Ta.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in December!

Thanks for getting back shuggie,

I must admit I would never have thought about Whittington and Cat. It is a pub not that far from the station.

Will you please let us know how you get on, I thought it was a B&B for out of town workers ect.

If you what a cooked breakfeast are you happy with a weatherspoons? If so there is one about 200 yards away.

ian480.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in December!

Ta Ian. I'll gladly let you know about my experience at The Whittington and Cat. Although I don't mind chain hotels I'd much rather give my cash to local businesses. They have to provide 21st century rooms tho! Ensuite/ firm, new to newish comfortable beds/thick towels/ flat screen tvs. "God is in the details" ought to be a hotelier's credo so I'm always happy to return to hotels that provide free good quality toiletries , Fairtrade teas/coffee/biscuits, good cooked breakfasts, alarm calls (that get made!) and smiling, efficient service from human beings. I'm an avid viewer of "The Hotel Inspector" but I just don't understand how people can run a hotel badly!

Thanks for the Wetherspoons advice cos it might be difficult finding a cafe open on Sunday morning! It always was when I lived in Brum...

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in December!

Hi Ian/Shuggie, your right, I would not have thought about 'Cat' !! Food and beer are good and the rooms look really good from what I have heard/seen!!

Surprised they don't do breakfast and close at 9.30pm!!

Have a great time in December!!

Jerry...

Birmingham
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in December!

Ta Jerry! I'll report back then! Must put a reminder in my calendar...

10. Re: Hotel in December!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Kingston-upon-Hull