We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry pick up urgent

Which Kingston-upon-Hull hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leeds
Level Contributor
248 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
ferry pick up urgent

Hi,

Due to the "ash problem" I;m picking up a friend from hull ferry terminal (ferry from zeebruge), I am planning to come along the m62 and a63, Can anyone tell me if there is a "oick up point" like they have at airports. Is there anywhere local to park up that does a decent breakfast? I really don't fancy service station food.

Many Thanks

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry pick up urgent

Hi galey2000.

You need to be at the Zeebrugge termial in Hull by 8-30am . You can park nearby. NOT in the coach bays but just pass the doors if room. Do not go very far from your car. Your friend will come out by the doors.

There is a little chef one mile passed the end of the M62 on the A63.

Leave yourself One hour from the little chef to the termial.

good luck.

ian480.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry pick up urgent

Hi galey2000.

If you want a small local cafe near the terminal than try. Along the A63 into Hull. into the 50mph limit then the 40 limit. You will be lucky to be doing 5mph by the way. Keep on the main road over the River Hull. Straight on at roundabout with lights. to next roundabout. Get in the left hand lane and take the 2nd turnoff (Southcoates lane) Prison on Right. over bridge with lights on passed pub. in 200 yards is a shop and a cafe on left with a garage on right. That cafe as a good name.

You are 5 minutes from the ship. Back over the bridge to roundabout. Turn left. Get yourself in the outside lane and turn right at the next roundabout. Turn left at the next one into the port you will have to stop and say where you are going. In 150 yards turn right, follow road 300 yards to the Terimal.

ian480.

PS on the way out of Hull DO NOT SPEED until you reach the 70mph limit.

Edited: 18 April 2010, 20:23
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry pick up urgent

I'm going to spell it out for you.

On the way out of Hull you can go passed a speed trap at any time, The favourite place is at the bottom of the ramp just before the 70mph limit. You will not see it until it's too late. So as you come down the zigzag road make sure you are doing no more then 40mph. You have been warned.

ian480.

4. Re: ferry pick up urgent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2010, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Kingston-upon-Hull