We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or bus?

Blankenberge...
Level Contributor
167 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi or bus?

Does anyone know if there are taxi's waiting at the ferry terminal in the morning when the ferry arrives from Zeebrugge?How much would they charge to take us to the city centre? I know there's a bus service operating. How much are the bus tickets?

Patrick

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
736 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or bus?

The official P&O web site says the bus is £3.25, which matches what I paid last time I used it:

poferries.com/tourist/content/pages/template…

I don't remember seeing taxi's waiting for unbooked passengers, but there are phones.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or bus?

there are pretty much always black cabs waiting there. I guess the fare from there to town will be between £5 and £10, but ask the driver before you get in

Blankenberge...
Level Contributor
167 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or bus?

Thanks for the quick replies people. The reason I've asked this question is because the Belgian P&O website offers bustickets to book online for 10 euro a person ( single journey ). Which I find abnormal expensive, as we are planning a shopping trip in November with 4 people.

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
305 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or bus?

Is that per journey return or just single ? if single then , yes , you are being ripped off ! if its for a return then not too bad !

taxi should be around 6-7 £ per trip !

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
736 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi or bus?

It says on the P&O site that it is 5 euro each way (on the bus), so the 10 euro must be the round trip.

Blankenberge...
Level Contributor
167 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi or bus?

Thanks everyone. After booking, the bus turned out to be € 10 per person for the round trip. We will shop till we drop on November 11th.

Patrick

7. Re: Taxi or bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Kingston-upon-Hull