We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Tours

Sydney, Australia
14 posts
Save Topic
Walking Tours

Am travelling to the UK in april and am interested in doing a 4-5 day guided walking tour of the Lakes District. Im in my 40s and fairly fit. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Tours

Try:

yha.org.uk/activities/Walking/walking.aspx

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Tours

Take a look at HF Holidays, www.hfholidays.co.uk/classicwalking/england/

They have guided walking from their country houses on Conistonwater and Derwentwater.

Also may want to look at Countrywide Holidays, www.countrywidewalking.com They have guided walking holidays from Hassness on Buttermere. Note that this is non en-suite accommodations and that the walking level in April is described as energetic, which means you may have to be somewhat fitter than just fairly.

I have done guided walking holidays with both companies, if you have any questions about them. The only one of the three mentioned above that I have done is at Coniston.

hants
Level Contributor
44 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Tours

Like Ron, i would recommend HF holidays. We stayed at Conistonwater for 4 nights last summer and are returning to the Lake District to stay in their house at Derwentwater. There are a choice of different levels of walks each day.

4. Re: Walking Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 01:19