We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longlands Cartmel

England
Level Contributor
520 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Longlands Cartmel

Has anyone stayed at Longlands Holiday Cottages in Cartmel please?

England
Level Contributor
520 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Longlands Cartmel

bump

England
Level Contributor
520 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Longlands Cartmel

OK can reply to my own post now having stayed at Longlands - just outside Cartmel - beautiful medieval village with priory and home of sticky toffee pudding shop. Longlands is set in its own grounds and comprises 9 holiday cottages surrounding the main house will wonderful walks from the door. The cottage are ETB 4 star and equipped to a very high standard - ours had king size bed with Laura Ashley bed linen, living flame fire and all have internet connection which we needed for business and they accept dogs. Highly recommended being so close to lovely Cartmel with The Royal Oak pub with a roaring log fire and fireside chairs to sit around in after a long walk, dogs are welcome too.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Longlands Cartmel

Hello

I am just planning a week in the lake district and Longlands at Cartmel looks lovely. Having Google-mapped it I see it is quite a away from Consiton/ Derwent and Windermere walkzones - would you say it's too far out for someone looking for a scenic mountain getaway type break?

Many thanks!

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Longlands Cartmel

The Cartmel valley is well away from the main tourist spots of the Lakes (which in my opinion is an advantage!). It's a beautiful, tranquil valley with plenty of local walks and views of the fells. However in 10 minutes (by car) you can be at the southern end of Lake Windermere where you can catch a ferry up to the busy spots of Bowness and Ambleside. The Northern Lakes ie Derwent Water and Ullswater are further away but still reachable in an hour or so via scenic drives.

It's a good compromise if you want peace and quiet but still want access to the main lakes.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Longlands Cartmel

Thanks for responding, very useful - much appreciated!

6. Re: Longlands Cartmel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 14:25