We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indoor Activities!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
338 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Indoor Activities!

As I countdown the days (14!)to our weekend in Keswick I am beginning to wonder what there is to do indoors!

I was planning on doing a lot of walking in the autumn sunshine but as the weather is looking likely to be wet and windy and we aren't particularly geared up for heavy duty walking with the proper clothing and footwear, would anyone be able to advise what we could do indoors?

We will be based in Keswick but will be happy to travel a bit (say an hour or so drive in any direction) if it means staying dry and keeping occupied!

We are a party of 4 adults in our mid-late twenties if that helps.

Thanks for any advice, will be much appreciated!

manchester
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Indoor Activities!

there's a good indoor climbing wall in Keswick. Reghed at Penrith has an Imax cinema

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,724 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indoor Activities!

The weather is one reason the Pencil Factory is so popular.

Cumrbia
Level Contributor
76 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indoor Activities!

You could try the Cars of the Stars Museum in Keswick (www.carsofthestars.com). There is also the usual go Karting/Tenpin bowling in places such as Maryport, Carlisle etc.

You could go on a mine tour at Honister (http://www.honister-slate-mine.co.uk) - at least you'd be out of the rain!

Hope the sun comes out for you

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
338 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indoor Activities!

Thanks everyone - keep the suggestions coming!

Pencil Musuem is beginning to look appealing!

5. Re: Indoor Activities!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 08:16