We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with rooms with an open fire

LakeDistrict, UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with rooms with an open fire

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of any hotels/bed and dbreakfast places that have an open fire in the bedrooms? maybe impossible to find but worth a try.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
883 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with rooms with an open fire

Hi Lakelandgirl,

I think you will struggle to find a hotel or B&B"s with log fire in the bedrooms,ie health and safety reasons.

Haweswater Hotel,Bampton,Cumbria offer self contained apartment with log fire.

Hotels with open log fire in lounge,here are two hotels-:

Old Dungeon Ghyll,Great Langdale.Has open fire in lounge.

Damson Dene Hotel has open log fire in guest lounge.

www.damsondene.co.uk

If you struggle to find what your looking for,contact Lake District tourist board whom maybe able to help you further with your request.

LakeDistrict, UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with rooms with an open fire

Hi there, thanks for that, i did think i was looking for the impossible!!.

Just fancy a nice log fire for me to sit with my feet up hehehe.

uk
Level Contributor
384 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with rooms with an open fire

Hi - You could try the Inn at Whitewell although admittedly not in the Lake District but in neighbouring Lancashire - Trough of Bowland. Fantastic place to escape from it all - and they say 14 of the rooms have open fires. Best rooms are the ones with a river view

www.innatwhitewell.com

4. Re: Hotels with rooms with an open fire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2010, 05:16