We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to see and do in 3 nights please?

MAZZYAUDS
Level Contributor
225 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What to see and do in 3 nights please?

Hi, we’ve decided to base ourselves in Keswick (Burnside B&B) for a 3 night break in the Lake District in February. It’s our 10 year anniversary (of being together – we only got married in September). We’ve not been before so we’re a bit unsure of how to plan our few days wisely. We will probably arrive late afternoon on the Saturday, have the full Sunday and Monday, and then head home at around lunchtime on the Monday.

I’d like to visit something Beatrix-Potter orientated; having been a huge fan when I was little and we’d like to incorporate some kind of walk into our stay. We are both mid-twenties and able bodied but not hardcore hikers by any stretch, so we aren’t looking for anything too taxing or that could get us into difficulty. We’ll obviously dress according to the weather but do we require special shoes or clothing? I don’t mind the length of the walk but I don’t want to tackle anything that could get us lost or stranded in any way – not an ideal way to spend an anniversary!!

We are really going for the fresh air and scenery so anything anyone can suggest that will show us plenty of that then I’m happy to hear from you. I do enjoy boat trips but my husband gets terrible motion sickness so I don’t know if we’ll be able to do this. Are there short trips that we could go on just so we can see the beauty of the landscape from the water?

Being a lady, I also love a bit of shopping and eating:-) We are both vegetarian but I don’t envisage this being problematic at all. Are there any special tea shops we should head to?

I know I’ve asked a lot of questions but I want to plan our trip a little so we don’t miss out. Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Re: What to see and do in 3 nights please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 12:34
Cheshire
Level Contributor
883 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to see and do in 3 nights please?

Hi,

For a short boat trip with great scenery,head to Keswick boating landing stage.Its 2 mins walk from Keswick theatre.For flat walks,walk Derwent Water circular walk,great scenery and views.You can"t get lost on this route,its a well worn path.Review and photo"s on my profile.

I do recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes or boots and a waterproof coat.

There are lots of short and long boat trip on Lake Windermere,head for boating landing stage.

If your in the area head to Fat Olives for a meal.

www.fatolives.co.uk

3. Re: What to see and do in 3 nights please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2010, 05:17