We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding venues - with a great view! Any ideas??

Chester, UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding venues - with a great view! Any ideas??

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me - we are looking for a wedding venue in the Lake District that can comfortably take 90-100 people for a civil ceremony and a wedding breakfast somewhere in the Lake District. There will be no extras for the evening do. We're hoping to get married next year sometime but are open on dates as will leave it until we find the perfect place.

We've started looking at certain places including Inn on the Lake which we loved (though we didn't like the area for the evening do and they're pretty full now for next year), Cragwood (fab though looks too small), Beech Hill & Low Wood (didn't like as both on busy road), Langdale Chase (think evening room is too small) and Lodore Falls (liked venue but didn't like the room where you get married). We love the Lakes as it is where we first went on one of our breaks together - awww!

Our requirements are a great lake/mountain view (preferably one that you can see from the wedding breakfast room), a building with character, nice room to get married in (or outside option) that isn't too corporate, hotels nearby where you can stay, great food, an evening room that has space for dancing and a nice atmosphere to it. Preferably we are looking at the Mid Lakes or possibly South as live in Chester currently.

We're struggling at the moment so any insider tips would be hugely appreciated!!!! Thanks all tripadvisors,

Emma

Cheshire
Level Contributor
883 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding venues - with a great view! Any ideas??

Hi,

Personally,i would highly recommend " Inn on the Lake hotel.

www.lakedistricthotels.net/innonthelake

Its situated on Lake ullswater,second largest lake,Glenridding.Its 12 miles from M6 motorway.The hotel does wedding venues,mountain views looking towards Helvellyn Mountain Range.

If you staying at this hotel,i recommend you get a room with lake and mountain views.

Review on this hotel on my profile if you wish to view.

Cockermouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas, Cockermouth
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding venues - with a great view! Any ideas??

Try Armathwaite Hall or Hundith Hill Hotel...both between Cockermouth & Keswick

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding venues - with a great view! Any ideas??

Phil's tip is worth looking at - only thing is it's not's central.

However the Inn on the Lake does have an excellent size car park and I have been there when there have been weddings going on. Even on an average day the views from the garden at the back really are spectacular.

Cumbria, UK
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding venues - with a great view! Any ideas??

You must look at Armathwaite. My brother got married there at the end of April 10. Lovely room to get married in and they recently had an extension added to provide really good faclities for the evening function, until then the room was a bit small.

You get a room thrown in the cost but it's on the pricey side for your guests to saty but there are many cheap options close by. I'd be supprised if some of the places you mentioned are any cheaper anyhow.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,080 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding venues - with a great view! Any ideas??

Hi, definitely look at the Inn on the Lake. My son was married there earlier this year, the views are stunning and the hotel is beautiful. The wedding co-ordinators also did a fantastic job and the whole weekend was perfect.

scotland
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding venues - with a great view! Any ideas??

My Son had their wedding reception at The Lodore falls in Keswick.. Service in Parish church and came to the hotel by boat..wonderful and different

7. Re: Wedding venues - with a great view! Any ideas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 16:05
London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding venues - with a great view! Any ideas??

You might want to look at the Rampsbeck Hotel at Watermillock, on Ullswater. It's a smallish hotel and I don't know if it would be up to the sort of size party you're looking for, but no doubt you could ask. It does, however, have an absolutely stunning lakeside location right on the shore of Ullswater. I've had dinner there a couple of times and the food is excellent.

Chester, UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding venues - with a great view! Any ideas??

Thanks everyone for all the ideas - will be going up for a good look this weekend so hopefully will be able to find something from all your suggestions. Thanks again! Welsh emms x

10. Re: Wedding venues - with a great view! Any ideas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 05:18