We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days diving in the lake district

Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Days diving in the lake district

My boyfriend and I are staying for a week near to Ulverston.

We would like to try out diving for the day having never been before.

Are there any places near to Ulverston that you would recommend?

Many thanks

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
777 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days diving in the lake district

Never been to Ulverston? or not been diving before ? Well a wet suit is the first piece of equipment you'll need , the waters around Cumbria are frigid most of the year, but having said that, it makes for clear water, and spear fishing can be rewarding.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
30,987 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days diving in the lake district

HI Modchick

If you are wanting the bracing waters of the Lake District (I take it you are qualified divers) you may get more help from a diving website as there will not be many people with experience of various lakes on TA. Tho you may get lucky it is a fairly niche subject.

Best to ask the people who do it.

Good Luck and let us know if you find a good one. Write a review under things to do or attractions.

Level Contributor
883 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days diving in the lake district

I can only suggest you contact Derwent Water Marina.

E-mail: info@derwentwatermarina

4. Re: Days diving in the lake district

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 06:16
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question