We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour of 6 days...help me

milano
Level Contributor
108 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
tour of 6 days...help me

I come from Italy in July, could you recommend a tour of the lake district of six days coming from leeds to see the most beautiful landscapes and picturesque villages pease?

I really need your advice

Thanks to all

Mountain Goat Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Lake District Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Lakes Supertours
Sightseeing Tours
Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour of 6 days...help me

Bump.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,936 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour of 6 days...help me

Will you be driving?

If so try to visit Windermere, Keswick Langdale valley but there are so many more though.

If you give me more details I will help you

Are you wanting to be taken around the Lakes on a guided Tour in a small bus?

Just tell me more and there will be lots of advice

Thank you

Edited: 20 March 2012, 22:39
milano
Level Contributor
108 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour of 6 days...help me

thanks a lot!

yes we drive (mom, dad and 10 year old boy) and we have 7 nights departing from Leeds, we prefer the picturesque villages to the towns and breathtaking landscapes. We would like to stay in B & B

We have already seen the england cornwall that made us fall in love, we would like to repeat the experience ....

milano
Level Contributor
108 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tour of 6 days...help me

What do you mean bump?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tour of 6 days...help me

Bump is someone's way of updating your question so it gets to the top of the forum again.

For six days you could stay pretty much anywhere. For picturesque villages add the following to your list:

Arnside, Cockermouth, Cartmel, Grasmere, Hawkshead, Elterwater, Pooley Bridge. (Arnside and Cockermouth are technically outside the Lake District but still worth visiting.) The main towns of Windermere, Ambleside and Keswick may also be of interest.

For driving/scenery consider the following.

Langdale Valley

Wrynose Pass/Hardknott Pass/Wastwater

Honister Pass towards Lorton Valley

Ullswater (eastern side towards Martindale)

Main A66 road from M6 to Cockermouth (laybys available to park and take pictures)

I'm sure there will be lots of other suggestions too. If you have any further preferences let us know - I could look at putting together a driving itinerary for you.

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tour of 6 days...help me

"What do you mean bump?"

Your post was slipping down the pages (already on page 2) and no one had answered your question, "bump" is a way of getting the post to the top of page 1 again, before it disappears into a cyber black hole. :-)

milano
Level Contributor
108 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tour of 6 days...help me

thanks, you are very kind, now I search the internet to see the places recommended

milano
Level Contributor
108 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tour of 6 days...help me

pepperwhitemini places that you has recommended are just what I want, I love the small villages with stone houses and the landscapes seem beautiful.

Would you help me to put down a route considering the arrival in Leeds at 12 a.m. on Friday and departure on Friday at 6 am 7 nigiht later ? I dont' want a tour too exhausting and I'm scared of the dangerous roads (with overhangs, etc.)

Do you think I can see a little bit of Scotland .... or is it impossible?

Help me again please.......

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tour of 6 days...help me

Hi Abissina - if you are coming from Leeds then I can suggest a scenic route including Yorkshire too (on the way to the Lake District).

Leuca mentioned the possibility of a bus tour - if you are not wanting to drive roads which are a little tricky then it might be worth considering a tour by Mountain Goat - they have a tour bus which follows some of the tricky routes. (Of the passes I mentioned only the Wrynose and Hardknott Passes have overhangs and steep gradients).

If you allow 3 days/4 nights in the Lake District you could do a brief visit to Scotland as well but I don't think you'd be able to include the Highlands. Which airport are you flying out from when you finish?

milano
Level Contributor
108 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tour of 6 days...help me

Hi pepperwhitemini, thank you ...

The flight to Milan depart always from Leeds ...

I think to find a b&b in Grasmere for the nights,because it is in the centre of Lake District, what you think?

The idea of visit the Yorkshire is interesting ....do you recommend me anything in particular?

Sorry for my little english