We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North of England boutique Mini-moon destination.

7 posts
Save Topic
North of England boutique Mini-moon destination.

Now then

I am seeking a it of advice over the best location to spend my mini moon in June. the two best options i can find are the Gilpin Hotel in the lakes or the Yorebridge hotel in the Dales.

Anybody got any recent experience of both or any other similar suggestions.

Looking for small, luxury, excellent food and hot tub not in a city???

£950 for three nights dinner bed and breakfast for 2.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North of England boutique Mini-moon destination.

I only found out about this place recently and am planning on trying it out at some point. It won't tick all the boxes but as a destination in the north it looks very tempting.

It's next to the Trough of Bowland which is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty. (Google it and you'll see there are some fabulous walks and views in this area - and if you enjoy driving, the roads are superb).

The southern Lakes are only 30 minutes away and you can be in the Dales in the same time.

I do like the look of the tree house ;)

http://www.cleveleymere.com/

Edited: 18 April 2012, 12:53
Essex
Level Contributor
26,726 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North of England boutique Mini-moon destination.

Was going to suggest this place, which has been reviewed in the press and other places many times as a very romantic Hotel:

http://www.warenhousehotel.co.uk/

Problem is, can't see that it has a hot-tub, so guess that might be a 'deal breaker' for you??

Found this place the other day when I was researching something else, thought it looked rather splendid:

classiclodges.co.uk/Marshall_Meadows_Hotel_B…

Can't see a hot-tub on that website either though, sorry!!

No personal reccs for either, by the way, just places that I 'know' about that might fit the bill!

Happy Hunting! EW

7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: North of England boutique Mini-moon destination.

Wow thank you very much for both these suggestions, really like the look of cleverly mere. looks ace. if i don't go there on the mini moon then certainly will be a trip there with a good group of us!

Needs the hot tub though for mini moon, unfortunately. i think i will go for the Yorebridge, its quite special from all the reviews i have read

jon

Windermere, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North of England boutique Mini-moon destination.

The Holbeck Ghyll in Windermere sounds perfect for you.

holbeckghyll.com/luxury-hotel-lake-district-…

The cast of the Beatrix Potter film including Renee Zwelleger stayed there, in the Miss Potter suite complete with its own hot tub.

If you are interested in fine dining it also has a Michelin star restaurant.

Sensational views of the lake as well

Essex
Level Contributor
26,726 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North of England boutique Mini-moon destination.

Have a LOVE-ly time! :-D

6. Re: North of England boutique Mini-moon destination.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 14:41