We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scafell

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Scafell

Which is the "easist" route up Scafell, There seems to be several routes.We've climb several of the highest and this is my last challenge before i get too old!!!! I want to do it next year as soon as we get good weather,think it might be too late this year.

Thank you

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scafell

Can I just clarify: do you really mean Scafell, or do you mean Scafell Pike? They are two different peaks, and I'd hate for this thread to end up with any confusion about which is meant.

Lake District...
Level Contributor
625 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scafell

Though this might sound like treason I would suggest seeking advice on the news group uk.rec.walking for specific route info.

As NM says Scafell Pike and Scafell are different and the route between not easy or straightforward.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scafell

None of the routes are particularly easy but I would say the safest routes up Scafell (not Scafell Pike) would be via the Foxes Tarn path or along the ridge from Slight Side. Although if you go over Slight Side first you'll miss all the best that Scafell has to offer in the way of rock scenery.

If you're starting from Wasdale Head the Foxes Tarn route needs an ascent to Mickledore and then a descent down the other side before the climb back up.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scafell

Well thank you for the replies and i am little confused myself ,I will have to look at the maps,i think i mean the pike.!

Marion

Cheshire
Level Contributor
883 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scafell

You may like to view my profile which has review/photo"s of Scarfell Pike,it also shows the route i took.Its not the best of summits,full of boulders.

Start the walk early and be aware of weather changes.

Enjoy your walk and good luck reaching the summit.

6. Re: Scafell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 22:18