We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve - midnight walk - organised guided if possible

Chorley, England...
2 posts
Save Topic
New Years Eve - midnight walk - organised guided if possible

Hiya everyone - my girlfriend & I want to be on the top of a high mountain for the stroke of midnight NYE, was thinking of Wasdale Head to do Scafell Pike or Great Gable..... is anyone yomping up a hill to see in the New Year or are you all staying on the lowlands????

Alternatively are there any guided night time walks in the Lakes?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New Years Eve - midnight walk - organised guided if possible

I assumed it was a wind-up.

=======

Sadly (or possibly happily, if they would like to be entrants in next years Darwin Awards) I suspect not;

tripadvisor.co.uk/…45927016

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
309 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New Years Eve - midnight walk - organised guided if possible

After reading the reports from Langdale mountain rescue I very much doubt this was a joke.

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: New Years Eve - midnight walk - organised guided if possible

If you want to be on top of a mountain at midnight on NYE, may I suggest New Zealand? Really not recommended in the Lake District: it's the middle of winter, and an utterly crazy idea.

14. Re: New Years Eve - midnight walk - organised guided if possible

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2013, 10:15