We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovely cottage to sleep 9

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Lovely cottage to sleep 9

Hi all, I've been browsing and coming up with very little.

I'm looking for a decent, smart cottage in the Lakes ( or possibly farmhouse/ or just B and B) for 9 people on 14th Sept for 2 nights.

On a budget but at the same time I want it to be fairly smart.

Ideally within walking distanct of a pub, but not essential. It's a girlie get-together so whilst it doesn't need to be the height of luxury (our budget won't stretch to that) we all have good taste so nothing that is too dated.

Any ideas or suggestions? Help!

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lovely cottage to sleep 9

I suspect you'll find it easier to find a B&B. Most cottage owners prefer to let for whole weeks. While shorter breaks are sometimes available, it does tend to limit your choice considerably.

You could try phoning up some of the cottage rental companies and asking if they have anything (Cumbrian Cottages, Coppermines, Wheelwrights, Heart of the Lakes), but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lovely cottage to sleep 9

Thanks for this. I think we have found one! Just waiting on confirmation but you're right, many don't like short lets. Thanks for the reply.

3. Re: Lovely cottage to sleep 9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 06:17