We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itenary for 1 night 2 days in lake district

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
itenary for 1 night 2 days in lake district

I plan to visit Lake district from newcastle by car along with my wife and child for 1 night 2 days on May 24th.Can someone suggest me best lake/place to visit and itenary for the same.can someone also suggest decent hotels which are not expensive.I like to view scenic places .Love adventurous trips too but has certain limitations because of the child.

Please suggest an itenary

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
781 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itenary for 1 night 2 days in lake district

I went to Lake District in December for two days and asked a similar question. My thread can be useful to plan. The only difference now and then is that you don't need to worry about icy roads. When I was there, some roads were impossible to pass.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…45560273

Enjoy!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: itenary for 1 night 2 days in lake district

Thanks Nomad for the reply.Surely this will help me but can you help me by providing your itenary.what all places you visited

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
781 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: itenary for 1 night 2 days in lake district

I drove up to WIndermere and got there around 10AM. Taking a walk to a nearby hill and around the lake bit. There is tourist info and the staff is very friendly giving you lots of useful information. If the weather is nice, you can take a boat.

From Windermere, I went to Hardknott Pass. This is the road I mentioned closed when I got there due to the icy condition. Nearby the Pass, you can visit the Roman Fortress. Quite stunning view around here.

After that I drove to Waterhead to stay over at a youth hostel. This place is hidden between lakes and sorrounded by mountains so there is no reception for mobile at all.

Next morning, heading north to Lady Wood to have a bit of hiking. It took me about two hours climbing up to the peak and come bakc to the car parking.

I was inspired by the Roman Fortress so wanted to see Hadrian's Wall but it is bit far so I went to Mary Port instead for a Roman museum. Small fishing village but it was strategically important town during the Roman period.

From here, driving along the coast and stopped by here and there. Mind you that there are so many small lakes and hills and I just stopped by when I saw a nice view and took photos. Then I headed down to London.

If you have a kid, this might be bit too much but hopefully I can give you some sense of going around there for a short period of time.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
42 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itenary for 1 night 2 days in lake district

Stay in Bowness on Windermere - nice shops, right on the lakeside. Take one of the launches for a trip around the lake. Depending on the age of your child, you could visit the Lakeside and Haverthwaite railway (steam train), or the Lakes Aquarium (beside the train). Again, depending on the child's age, visit Beatrix Potter's Home - Hilltop at Sawrey. Keswick and Ambleside would be options too. Don't try to do too much, just come back another time!

Chester
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: itenary for 1 night 2 days in lake district

Hi,

depending on the age of your kids Keswick might fit the bill.

Cars of the Stars, Puzzle museum?, Pencil museum, boat trip around the lake.

Honister quary and zip wire trip.

keith.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: itenary for 1 night 2 days in lake district

wow!!!Thanks a lot to all for lot of information . got a pretty decent idea.Since my child is only 18 months old so nothing specific for the child.Its just that looking for some beautiful exciting and ofcousre romantic views

7. Re: itenary for 1 night 2 days in lake district

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 07:18