We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scafell Hotel, Rosthwaite

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Scafell Hotel, Rosthwaite

Just a quick one, we have a loop walk from Rosthwaite and thought it might be nice for a spot of lunch in the Riverside bar but when checking the reviews (8 in total) it has been totally slated, has anyone been recently and was it ok?

Thanks

Chester
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scafell Hotel, Rosthwaite

Hi,

I have not eaten in the riverside bar in a long time so can not comment but across the road opposite the post office is Yew tree farm and they do nice food in the converted barn or if about 15:45 the Royal Oak do nice tea and scones.

Don't know your route but if it is via Grange there are 2 nice cafes.

Keith.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scafell Hotel, Rosthwaite

Hi Keith,

Thanks, our walk is Great Crag and Grange Fell loop and back to Rosthwaite for the bus back to Keswick. Just thought as it will be our last day to have something to eat there rather than Keswick.

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scafell Hotel, Rosthwaite

Scafell Hotel was fine when I had lunch there, but I think that's about 3-4 years ago, so probably can't claim that's recent.

+1 for the cafes in Grange.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scafell Hotel, Rosthwaite

Thanks guys, we are in Grange whilst over CatBells and Castle Crag so will pop in. I went to one years ago when studing outdoor education at school and didnt have a clue where I was or the cafe's name, I then Google street mapped it and it was the very same one...

Leeds, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scafell Hotel, Rosthwaite

Yes I was there a month ago and those reviews were written before the change in management two years ago. It is now spot on excellent real ale and the staff very helpful. I didn't eat but lots were and it did look good. Think trip advisor should review out of date reviews.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
716 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scafell Hotel, Rosthwaite

I had a lunchtime burger in there 2 weeks ago, no problem at all.

7. Re: Scafell Hotel, Rosthwaite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 05:17