We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campsites that allow camp fires and groups

7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Campsites that allow camp fires and groups

Hey All

me and my mates are going to the lakes this weekend, and we are wondering does anyone know any campsites that allow campfires and a small amount of noise (no music just friends chatting and having a few beers)

i have had a look on a few sites but cant seem to find one that will allow fires and groups

would appreciate any help

thanks

Chris

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campsites that allow camp fires and groups

Try the UK Campsite website, you can do a site search on there that will give you sites in a region that allow fires.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Campsites that allow camp fires and groups

Already been on mate there isnt many who allow same sex in the lakes :-(

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Campsites that allow camp fires and groups

The listings on the UKcampsite website are pretty comprehensive, if you can't find anything on there you're probably out of luck I'm afraid.

Otley, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
594 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Campsites that allow camp fires and groups

You will find it a struggle to get a site that will allow BOTH fires AND a same sex group, have you tried Coniston Hall campsite? They used to allow same sex groups, but didn't allow campfires, but if you bought a brazier/fire pit OR a washing machine drum, they may allow, but they used to pack people on like sardines & it wasn't really a good idea to have a fire (and when I say like sardines, I mean like sardines!!) so fires wouldn't have been a good idea! although as they are on the shores of coniston water, you maybe able to find somewhere you could go to have a fire!

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Campsites that allow camp fires and groups

Thanks for the recommendation mate managed to book in with them. They allow groups and fires too :-)

Otley, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
594 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Campsites that allow camp fires and groups

Great news, enjoy. There are a couple of good pubs in coniston aswell. The black bull right in the centre is famous for it's own home brewed beer, including Blue Bird, good basic home cooking aswell. If you want more posh nosh, then head up the hill to the Sun, as you come through coniston (from Ambleside) go over the bridge and turn immediately right and head up the hill for about 300 yards or so. Again good beer and they have a fantastic beer terrace with great views over the village and mountain! If you want meat then visit the great little butchers at the back of the little supermarket on road that you take, again from ambleside direction, turn left at the church (before the bridge) and it's about 3/4 shops down. Their spicy Cumberland sausage is great! Have a great time!!

7. Re: Campsites that allow camp fires and groups

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lake District