We are first-timer to UK. With the limited annual leave, we plan the trip as:
- London 3 days, then rent a car
- Cotswold 2 days
- Lake District (based @ Keswick) 3 days
- Highlands + Edinburgh 6 days
- back to London through York in 2 days
We are considering the possibility to squeeze 1 more day for lake district.
1. drive back from Edinburgh-London in 1 day. Yet we need to drive above 400 miles / 7 hours in the day, and followed by an early flight (6am), we concern that will be challenging.
2. drop off the rental car in Edinburgh as one-way rental, take train back to London. Deducting fuel saving, pay more GBP80 on the cost.
We would like to listen to your suggestion: any big difference in the experience of lake district for 3 days or 4 days? We do know the longer the better, we also hope make the arrangement as reasonable as possible.