We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

M6 Overnight Stops

Wing
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
M6 Overnight Stops

Need to stop over on M6 on way to Scotland on Thurs 8th August - any suggestions, not too far from motorway, will need 2 rooms and have one small, well behaved dog too

london
Level Contributor
2,148 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: M6 Overnight Stops

I stayed at Travelodge Todhills, just north of Carlisle on the M6, and Travelodge are usually OK with dogs

it was on the southbound carriageway so you had to loop round to get to it ... and for dinner I went to the Toby Carvery on the outskirts of Carlisle which wasn't far away

Sutton in Craven
Level Contributor
147 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: M6 Overnight Stops

This place has the most spectacular views and is definitely not your usual shabby motorway services motel

http://www.westmorlandhotel.com/

It's at Tebay Services (easy access from the northbound carriageway). Not sure if they accept pets - you'd have to check with them.

Failing that have a look at the B&Bs and hotels around Penrith.

3. Re: M6 Overnight Stops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 September 2015, 15:22
London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: M6 Overnight Stops

I second OldGrumps recommendation. I must confess I've not stayed at the hotel, but if it's like the other stuff at Tebay services, I'm sure it will be great.

Tebay services is really completely unlike any other motorway service station you will have ever visited. It is a true gem.

Wing
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: M6 Overnight Stops

Thank you for suggestions - have now booked into Best Western, Shap, as recommended by TripAdvisor through lastminute.com. Rooms only £44 each - a bargain (hopefully) and they are happy to accept dog too.

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: M6 Overnight Stops

Helen,

The Shap Wells hotel doesn't appear on the list of Pet Friendly Best Western hotels. If I were you I'd give them a ring and they should be able to advise. Wouldn't want you to get there and find that they wouldn't accept you.

7. Re: M6 Overnight Stops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 05:17