We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best town/hotel for family with 1 year old?

Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Best town/hotel for family with 1 year old?

We are looking to visit the lake district during the last weekend of August. It will be my wife, myself and our 1 year old son. We love to hike and are looking forward to trying out new restaurants. I have been leaning towards visiting Keswick from the recommendations I have seen on tripadvisor but wanted to see if there was a better place that you recommend. I would like to travel by train but it seems like that can be difficult so we will probably just take our car. Any good recommendations for hotels with a 1 year old? Thanks in advance for the help!

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best town/hotel for family with 1 year old?

Keswick is certainly a good location if you love to hike and also want to try out new restaurants. It is very well situated for hikes of various levels of difficulty, and it's a big enough town that you have a choice of restaurants (but make sure you visit Morrels, which is excellent).

It's not a complete pain to get there by train, although the train doesn't go there, so you'd need to get a bus or a taxi from Penrith. However, you'll have more options for getting out and about while you're there if you take a car.

Can't help you with child-friendly hotels, I'm afraid, but I dare say someone else will be along soon to give some recommendations there. Failing that, I guess you could check out some of the hotels in TA's reviews section.

2. Re: Best town/hotel for family with 1 year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lake District
Recent Conversations