We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Whitewater Hotel, Newby Bridge

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Whitewater Hotel, Newby Bridge

Can anyone recommend some good eating establishments near the Whitewater Hotel in Newby Bridge for myself & my husband? We are staying for two nights and would ideally like a good pub meal one evening and a decent standard of restaurant on the other evening to celebrate a birthday. We are happy to consider places both within walking distance or a short drive.

Windermere
Level Contributor
119 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Whitewater Hotel, Newby Bridge

There is the Masons Arms at Strawberry Bank. If you find Fell Foot Park it's just up the hill past Gummers How viewpoint. Another one near there is the Hare and Hounds in Bowland Bridge. Both do really good food and real ales. I would recommend making a reservation though rather than risk just turning up.

Windermere, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Whitewater Hotel, Newby Bridge

I like the restaurant at the Swan Hotel just a very short drive away.

For something much fancier try L'Enclume at Cartmel (just won best restaurant in England) or one of the hotels in Bowness -Linthwaite, Fayrer Garden etc

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Whitewater Hotel, Newby Bridge

+1 for l'Enclume.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Whitewater Hotel, Newby Bridge

Super suggestions, all of the above. And L'Enclume has just been announced best restaurant in the UK! Another place that does good food is The Watermill at Ings, about 20 minutes from where you're staying.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Whitewater Hotel, Newby Bridge

Well if you are going to Ings, and the Watermill Inn,

why not pop into the Hawkshead Brewery for some Tapas?

Both are very close to each other

Lunch at the Watermill

Evening Tapas at the HB?

hawksheadbrewery.co.uk/more_info_extra.asp…

Ulverston, United...
Level Contributor
175 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Whitewater Hotel, Newby Bridge

Ooh, I was going to say L'Enclume, too, although it is rather pricey. Maybe a better bet might be Rogan and Company, same chef as L'Enclume and also in Cartmel but less expensive. Then you could drop into the Cartmel village shop for some of their famous Sticky Toffee pudding to take home!

7. Re: Restaurants near Whitewater Hotel, Newby Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 05:17