We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving to Great Langdale campsite

england
Level Contributor
227 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
driving to Great Langdale campsite

I understand this is surrounded by mountains and was considering camping here, not for the walks as we have 2 small children (don't mind an even walk of few miles) but the site sounds what we're looking for. Can anyone tell me. If the drive to this site is all mountainous? Many thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving to Great Langdale campsite

<<Can anyone tell me. If the drive to this site is all mountainous?>>

No, the drive is along the valley on the B5345, though it's narrow in places.

Alternatively, you can approach Great Langdale from Little Langdale and the Wrynose Pass. This is quite steep and twisting, and you'll be in first gear.

england
Level Contributor
227 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving to Great Langdale campsite

Cheers. I think I'll take the B5345. Maybe try the alternative route on the way back!

3. Re: driving to Great Langdale campsite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 07:16