We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I get from the Lake District to Luton Airport?

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
How can I get from the Lake District to Luton Airport?

I have to get from the Lake District to Luton Aiport. I have to get there for 6.30am. Is there a bus? or Train? What is the nearest Airport to the Lake District? or are there any shuttles that run from the Lake District to the Airports?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,386 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I get from the Lake District to Luton Airport?

It's 280 miles. You have to travel to London the previous day. There are trains from St Pancras from 3:00am or so to the airport

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,398 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I get from the Lake District to Luton Airport?

Oh dear, someone needs to upgrade their maps skills. I would take a train to Luton airport the day before and get a hotel there. Otherwise drive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I get from the Lake District to Luton Airport?

The nearest airport to the Lake District is Manchester; for Luton Airport, you could get National Rail from Oxenholme to Birmingham New Street (last train would arrive about 11pm) and get a 2am National Express coach from Birmingham Coach station to Luton Airport. You would get better advice if you say WHERE in the Lake District you are leaving from.

4. Re: How can I get from the Lake District to Luton Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 06:16