We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where shall we stay?...

mytrip-ar
Level Contributor
210 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where shall we stay?...

Hi all...

I am looking to go to the Lake District with my partner for a weekend...

we want to be able to experience the beauty of the lakes, visit the beatrix potter farm and usual boat trips, we would also like somewhere that isnt remote as neither of us drive so would have to be easy to get to and get around by foot/public transport...

and a nice friendly local to relax in the evening would be perfect.

I look forward to hearing from you xx

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where shall we stay?...

We stayed in between windemere and bowness,with the lake being around a 10 min stroll,the hotel we stayed in was the glenburn hotel,and what a gem of an hotel,the food was out of this world,not the cheapest hotel we have stayed in but well worth the money,there are plenty of boat trips on windemere,although we couldnt go on them as the weather was shocking,there is also a decent bus service that runs through windemere,to keswick and the surrounding areas.hope this helps a little,we will be staying at the glenburn hotel again,but in the summer this time.

Regards,

Tigerman.

2. Re: Where shall we stay?...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 05:27